BONEHENGE MUSIC is a sole proprietorship founded by yours
truly, John Wolf, in late summer of 1993 as the label for "FIRST LIGHT," the first CD
recording of my jazz group, the JOHN WOLF QUARTET.
Hopefully, as sales replenish the coffers
of BONEHENGE, FIRST LIGHT will be joined by other recordings both
by myself and by other musicians and bands.
WELCOME TO THE NEW & IMPROVED (as of March 2009) BONEHENGE WEBSITE!!!
AS OF JANUARY 2010, I HAVE RELOCATED FROM ST. LOUIS, Mo., where I lived for 23 years, to the bucolic shores of Cape Cod, Mass. I am now located in South Wellfleet, Massachusetts, on the Outer Cape, overlooking Blackfish Creek. I will be performing on Cape Cod, as well as in southeastern Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and elsewhere in the Northeast. Of course, I plan to visit St. Louis often-I certainly don't plan to forget my great friends and colleagues, and I already miss the great music we all made together there!
- NEWSFLASH! I'm already hard at work making the Outer Cape a St. Louis musical suburb-back on June 19 visitors to Provincetown were treated to St. Louis traditional acoustic blues virtuoso guitarist Ron McKenzie, performing with former St. Louisan STEVE MORGAN & his band, the KINGFISHERS
I joined them later, and we presented the audience with a ST. LOUIS front line!
- On WEDNESDAY June 30, another acoutstic virtuoso, TOM HALL, performed at Wellfleet's FLYING FISH CAFE, 29 Briar Lane, from 10 p.m. to midnight. He was joined later by the great MARGARET BIANCHETTA (vocals & flute), as well as yours truly. Ms. BIANCHETTA then performed with my quartet on Friday, July 2, at BUBALA'S BY THE BAY in Provincetown, along with her son Kaleb, an outstanding drummer now attending Boston's BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC. I am planning great things along these lines for the 2011 summer season here, so be sure to stay tuned!
- NEWSFLASH! I miss the great late night jams back in old St. Louis-so-I'm BRINGING A BIT OF ST. LOUIS TO THE SCENE ON THE OUTER CAPE!! Starting this Sunday, November 7, I'm opening my home and the studios of BONEHENGE MUSIC every Sunday evening unless otherwise noted. It'll be a "potluck" scene; there will be some food and drink, feel free to BRING food and drink, come and hang out & listen. If you're a musician, bring your axe! Each week will be different; maybe an open jam, or I might be rehearsing a blues or jazz band, or some of the guys from SQUIDDA may be jamming, who knows-that will be part of the excitement! In any case, I'll be opening it up for jamming at some point in the evening, so don't be shy-LET'S MAKE OUR OUTER CAPE WINTER GO A LITTLE FASTER!.....JUST CHECK THE "SCHEDULE" PAGE TO MAKE SURE THE OPEN HOUSE HASN'T BEEN CANCELLED (I might have a gig, be out of town, whatever). ANY CHANGES WILL BE POSTED ON THE "SCHEDULE" page. By the way-thanks to all who helped make WELLFLEET OYSTERFEST 2010 the great success it was-If I'm not mistaken, it was the best one yet-and the best attended! Lisa Brown, keep up the great work!
BONEHENGE MUSIC is also the company under
which I operate other aspects of my business, which include:
• SMALL SCALE SOUND REINFORCEMENT, perfect for acoustic,
jazz, and blues ensembles, and classical music groups. An eight-channel
Samson powered stereo mixer with 500 watts of power, two monitor
mixes, on-board digital effects, and quality Samson speakers and
Shure microphones get the job done!
• DIGITAL, DIRECT-TO-DAT (DIGITAL AUDIO TAPE) RECORDING,
either in my basement studio or on location.
• DIGITAL HARD-DRIVE-BASED
MULTI-TRACK RECORDING!!! Using a MacIntosh "Mac Pro" computer, 16-channel
Mackie mixer and the incredible DIGIDESIGN 003/PRO-TOOLS LE, I
am now able to record up to 16 tracks at a time (total: 64 tracks),
mix, master, and produce C-D's, along with excellent color printing
and labeling. For those who prefer to record in my studio and
do the C-D reproduction and printing elsewhere, I can produce
DAT masters, C-D masters, and artwork ready to send to an "online"
printshop-all within my basement studio, now located in idyllic South Wellfleet, Mass. on the incomparable outer Cape Cod!
• MUSIC ARRANGING, COMPOSING, AND PUBLISHING, using the
excellent FINALE notation program.
Here you will find the contents of the
BONEHENGE catalog, complete with downloadable graphics and AUDIO!
YES! Feel free to listen to samples of the recordings presented
herein, view the graphics, read information on myself and the
other performers presented. Then, go to my SECURITY ENCODED ORDER
FORM and order whichever products you desire!
While you're here, you can find out more
about yours truly, JOHN WOLF, the JOHN WOLF QUARTET and its members.
Also, if you're on the Outer Cape or wish to find out where I'm performing outside the Cape Cod area-and who with- peruse
my CALENDAR, where you will find out where, and with whom, I am
playing. Also, for the latest breaking music and other news, and
my views on various subjects which may be of interest, check out
the NEWS and VIEWS page.
I left the seminal jump-blues ensemble ROOMFUL
OF BLUES at the end of July 1999 for family reasons, and to pursue other projects. Since then, I've played several shows a year with them, and with the untimely passing of ROOMFUL trumpeter Robert Enos in January of 2008, was asked to perform with ROOMFUL on last year's LEGENDARY BLUES CRUISE, as well as on some other shows. I will likely perform occasionally with them in the future. Click on the link above to access their webpage, find out the latest, and find out where they're playing. To date BONEHENGE MUSIC has produced two St. Louis shows for ROOMFUL, and as soon as I plan the next one, you'll find out about it right here-and you'll be able to buy tickets here, as well!
- NEWSFLASH!!! Now that my new studio here in Wellfleet is complete, WORK WILL CONTINUE ON NEW C-D'S! I will be mixing the recordings I did with St. Louis guitar master DAVE BLACK and a real find-classically trained, highly creative soprano JESSICA HEUSER. I hope to finish mixing this spring, in time for a summer release. I'm also planning to convene the JOHN WOLF QUARTET to rehearse my original material, as well as arrangements of great jazz compositions by JACKIE McLEAN, DUKE ELLINGTON, ARCHIE SHEPP and others. Personnel will be a mix of new musical colleagues here on Cape Cod along with, hopefully, members of my original QUARTET from St. Louis. STAY TUNED!!! And Don't Forget-SUNDAY OPEN HOUSE, POTLUCK & JAMMING (see above, and check the SCHEDULE page).
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TROMBONE, AND THOSE WHO PLAY IT???
Check out these links to some very worthwhile organizations dedicated
to the trombone and its music and performers:
INTERNATIONAL TROMBONE ASSOCIATION
and a great resource, especially for finding
information on specific trombonists, instruments, equipment and
ONLINE.COM, hosted by Netherlands-based bass trombonist RENEE
LAANEN, who has put a great deal of work into this worthwhile
more info on BONEHENGE MUSIC or to book me for performances, email
me HERE, phone (508) 214-0176
or fax me at (508) 214-0257.
FEELING "POLITICALLY HOMELESS?" Take the (click here)
WORLD'S SMALLEST POLITICAL QUIZ... You might be SURPRISED to see
where you fit in!!! Also, check out my NEWS
AND VIEWS page!
yourself, and thanks for stopping in!!!